Made the app poll subdir mtimes every second to do invalidation (FileSystemWatcher only watches one dir, turning on the subdir thing makes it hang on big dirs, maybe I should create several.) Also made a context menu with a couple commands in it. Thinking out loud, what might be a good set of commands?
For both files and dirs:
- Delete (does
mv file ~/.Trash)
- Move to
- Create Archive
- Open File
- Extract Here (for archives)
- Run command on file [popup dialog]
- Edit File (get list of mimetype-specific editors from .desktop files or something?)
- Go to directory
- Open Terminal here
- Gitk [if there's a .git]
- View as slideshow [if images in directory]
- Open index.html [if such in directory]
- Add to playlist / Play [like Winamp Explorer integration]
What else? Email file/dir to? Post to [insert website]?
Should read a list of filters and actions from a config file.
suffix=gif "View in GQView" "gqview $PATH"
entry.name=.git "Gitk" "gitk $PATH"
entry.mime=image/* "Slideshow" "slideshow $PATH"
entry.name=configure && entry.name=Makefile "Build" "cd $PATH && ./configure && make"