art with code

2008-11-18

Filezoo, start of day 9: more traversal banging, fixes

Traversal is a thorn in my side. Spent yesterday and today morning trying to make it not break when cancelling traversal, and I think it might work now (but how to tell?) So, now that I have that fiendishly difficult easy part out of the way, I can move onto monitoring changes in the filesystem and invalidating the cache based on them. For which I need a fool-proof cache invalidation algorithm. Heh heh, crying already.

Day 9 then. Today's plan is to write the requirements document and get the filesystem model really solid (which might as well take a week or more at this pace.) I would like to do performance work on complex trees (I just happen to have a directory that triggers a most fantastic 200 kfile layout + sort, which takes 5+ seconds), will have to see if I manage to steal some time off the other things.

Now for the 2 pm morning jog I go.
Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo

Built art installations, web sites, graphics libraries, web browsers, mobile apps, desktop apps, media player themes, many nutty prototypes, much bad code, much bad art.

Have freelanced for Verizon, Google, Mozilla, Warner Bros, Sony Pictures, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Valve Software, TDK Electronics.

Ex-Chrome Developer Relations.