Fglrx + while(true)-shader or some other long loop = hanged computer.
Made the tests work on ATI drivers, but then the aforementioned calamity struck and now I probably get to curse myself for using XFS on /home.
On my Geforce 7600 the long shaders didn't cause an unrecoverable hang but it's not a fully programmable part. Maybe the drivers help too...
Programmable GPUs sure need a multitasking system.
art with code
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (94)
- ▼ May (8)
- Built art installations, web sites, graphics libraries, web browsers, mobile apps, desktop apps, media player themes, many nutty prototypes, much bad code, much bad art.Have freelanced for Verizon, Google, Mozilla, Warner Bros, Sony Pictures, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Valve Software, TDK Electronics.Ex-Chrome Developer Relations.
- Filezoo - Minimalistic zoomable file manager
- Missile Fleet - A game written with Cake.js
- Gitbug - In-repo bug tracker for Git
- Prelude.ml - OCaml stdlib replacement with a Haskellish flavour
- Metadata - File metadata extraction tool and Ruby library
- Thumbnailer - File thumbnailing tool and Ruby library
- Random canvas demos