art with code

2009-09-16

Back to programming

I've been hacking a bit on cakejs and canvas recently, making a paper doll animation system. The paper doll -part was actually pretty easy, but now I need tools for making the animations. Which might be less easy. Let's see :)

Also, cakejs is really lacking in the documentation & tutorials -department. I will try and fix that by pasting the code comments to wiki pages. Tutorials might be easy to write by taking the demo page scripts and adding narration.

Still sustaining a drawing routine of 1-2 A4 pages per day, which is awesome. Plein air drawing is a lot of fun and sunshine, and works great as practice. What I should also do is grab a book on machine illustration or some other really constructive ID method of drawing and work through the exercises.

Jogging has plateaued at three one-hour runs per week. I don't know if I should try to push it beyond that as I seem to get knee ache at around the 10 km mark. Maybe it's caused by bad technique? Fix by muscle training to sustain a better posture and lots of intervals to improve running technique?

Added shutdown -h now to root's crontab at one-hour intervals in the evening to boot me off the computer and go to sleep. And... it's working. Two weeks of <9am wakeups already. I had the tendency to latch onto a 25-26h daily rhythm before, which is really not conducive to getting to Swedish class at 9:15am.
Post a Comment

About Me

My photo

Built art installations, web sites, graphics libraries, web browsers, mobile apps, desktop apps, media player themes, many nutty prototypes, much bad code, much bad art.

Have freelanced for Verizon, Google, Mozilla, Warner Bros, Sony Pictures, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Valve Software, TDK Electronics.

Ex-Chrome Developer Relations.