... Apparently the ethernet chip on my desktop computer motherboard completely disintegrated and now it doesn't even show up on lspci. All I know is that it disappeared after waking up from Windows 7 sleep mode.
Oh well, another excuse to upgrade.
Edit: after putting Windows to sleep again and waking it up, it seems that it momentarily lost and then regained the SMBus controller as well (not the ethernet controller however), in the process deactivating Windows. How very Windows of it. A pox on it! A pox on it and its descendants to the seventh generation!
art with code
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2011 (20)
- Holographic video
- Numbers, numbers
- Slideshow-qgl, now with new features
- Ugly Tachikomaling
- Vanishing hardware
- Energy use by economic output
- A chain of trivia
- Athenian Democracy
- Quick game reviews
- Git commit stats
- Effort estimation game first round results
- Bayesian effort estimation game
- ▼ May (14)
- ► 2009 (84)
- Built art installations, web sites, graphics libraries, web browsers, mobile apps, desktop apps, media player themes, many nutty prototypes, much bad code, much bad art.Have freelanced for Verizon, Google, Mozilla, Warner Bros, Sony Pictures, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Valve Software, TDK Electronics.Ex-Chrome Developer Relations.
- Filezoo - Minimalistic zoomable file manager
- Missile Fleet - A game written with Cake.js
- Gitbug - In-repo bug tracker for Git
- Prelude.ml - OCaml stdlib replacement with a Haskellish flavour
- Metadata - File metadata extraction tool and Ruby library
- Thumbnailer - File thumbnailing tool and Ruby library
- Random canvas demos