art with code

2013-04-17

Circuit diagrams

I was listening to a Feynman lecture on what computers are and started doodling logic circuits based on that. First I made a 1-bit adder, then extended that into a 2-bit adder, doodled a 3-bit adder and generalized from there to arbitrary n-bit adders. Then I made a 4-bit adder out of two 2-bit adders and drew this thing in Photoshop that generalizes the idea to 2n-bit adders. And tried building the rest of the logic gates using just NAND gates. Fun fun :)

I tested the logic gates and the 1-bit and 2-bit adders in JavaScript but haven't tested the 4-bit and n-bit adders.

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo

Built art installations, web sites, graphics libraries, web browsers, mobile apps, desktop apps, media player themes, many nutty prototypes, much bad code, much bad art.

Have freelanced for Verizon, Google, Mozilla, Warner Bros, Sony Pictures, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Valve Software, TDK Electronics.

Ex-Chrome Developer Relations.