According to historical records, 2017 is the last year of the European slump, followed by a decade of rapid growth. Historical records being the other times the Euro GDP has dropped below the US GDP in the early eighties and the late nineties. In both cases the slump lasted around 3 years.
Also according to historical records, EU GNI/capita is projected to equal the US in 22 years. (EU GNI/capita has been growing at 5.5% annually for the last 40 years, for the US that's around 3.9%.)
As always, extrapolations are silly, "this time's different", etc.
art with code
- More extrapolations: India
- Tracing orbits
- Euro slump end in sight?
- Acceleration Design Concepts
- Been doing these this year
- Acceleration Project Proposal
- What's going on?
- Filezoo, the plan for month two
- Type with your face
- Viral lessons from ideologies
- Thought experiment on autoparallelizing loops
- Decision making, part N
- What would I like to see in a programming language...
- Filter Bubbles
- ▼ December (14)
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (94)
- ► 2009 (84)
- Built art installations, web sites, graphics libraries, web browsers, mobile apps, desktop apps, media player themes, many nutty prototypes, much bad code, much bad art.Have freelanced for Verizon, Google, Mozilla, Warner Bros, Sony Pictures, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Valve Software, TDK Electronics.Ex-Chrome Developer Relations.
- Filezoo - Minimalistic zoomable file manager
- Missile Fleet - A game written with Cake.js
- Gitbug - In-repo bug tracker for Git
- Prelude.ml - OCaml stdlib replacement with a Haskellish flavour
- Metadata - File metadata extraction tool and Ruby library
- Thumbnailer - File thumbnailing tool and Ruby library
- Random canvas demos