art with code
Ok, uploaded the spinner library to GitHub. There's a demo page too. It's a wee bit buggy though. I think the transition events are not firing when the page is hidden.
Hmm... As a workaround, I think I could just create a new element on every show/hide-cycle. That way the animation can't possibly fire one 100% frame before starting from 0%, right?? (This happened on Firefox... or maybe it was an unanimated frame or something. I ended up switching from animations to transitions because of that.)
On Chrome Canary, border-radius and overflow:hidden don't behave like you'd expect. Instead of clipping the contents to the rounded box, it clips on the rectangular box. I don't know why. And sometimes the rendering flickers when using transforms that toggle HW compositing for the page.
- ► 2013 (26)
- ▼ August (4)
- ► 2010 (94)
- ► 2009 (84)
- Built art installations, web sites, graphics libraries, web browsers, mobile apps, desktop apps, media player themes, many nutty prototypes, much bad code, much bad art.Have freelanced for Verizon, Google, Mozilla, Warner Bros, Sony Pictures, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Valve Software, TDK Electronics.Ex-Chrome Developer Relations.
- Filezoo - Minimalistic zoomable file manager
- Missile Fleet - A game written with Cake.js
- Gitbug - In-repo bug tracker for Git
- Prelude.ml - OCaml stdlib replacement with a Haskellish flavour
- Metadata - File metadata extraction tool and Ruby library
- Thumbnailer - File thumbnailing tool and Ruby library
- Random canvas demos