art with code
Hanging out in Berlin this week, with a shiny new sketchbook to boot.
Went to the Pergamonmuseum on Sunday to be all Ozymandias. The things they have there are huge (indoor display of 15m high pillars, etc.) and pretty old (2-3 thousand years) and beautiful. And messed up in that ancient style of messed-upness. The objects in the Islamic museum side were nicee, superior metalcraft and calligraphy (also a millennium or two younger than the rest of the stuff but who's counting). The Assyrian reliefs had writing going across them, like a textured strip of cuneiform. They had a special display on the coloring of the Greek statues, with brightly colored reproductions of much RGB might.
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2011 (20)
- ▼ 2010 (94)
- ► 2009 (84)
- Built art installations, web sites, graphics libraries, web browsers, mobile apps, desktop apps, media player themes, many nutty prototypes, much bad code, much bad art.Have freelanced for Verizon, Google, Mozilla, Warner Bros, Sony Pictures, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Valve Software, TDK Electronics.Ex-Chrome Developer Relations.
- Filezoo - Minimalistic zoomable file manager
- Missile Fleet - A game written with Cake.js
- Gitbug - In-repo bug tracker for Git
- Prelude.ml - OCaml stdlib replacement with a Haskellish flavour
- Metadata - File metadata extraction tool and Ruby library
- Thumbnailer - File thumbnailing tool and Ruby library
- Random canvas demos