art with code
Another 3D canvas demo
Adapted from vlad's port of FRequency's 1k demo. I made it a bit lighter and fiddled with the lights and colors.
That demo is pretty funky, my understanding is that it uses the fragment shader to raytrace a sine wave function with two lights. For each pixel, search for the nearest depth where the function is below zero. Then find the tangent of the function at that point and dot it with the light direction to do diffuse shading. Finally add fog color depending on the depth of the point.
Why it uses the tangent instead of the normal is still fuzzy to me.
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (94)
- ▼ April (8)
- Built art installations, web sites, graphics libraries, web browsers, mobile apps, desktop apps, media player themes, many nutty prototypes, much bad code, much bad art.Have freelanced for Verizon, Google, Mozilla, Warner Bros, Sony Pictures, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Valve Software, TDK Electronics.Ex-Chrome Developer Relations.
- Filezoo - Minimalistic zoomable file manager
- Missile Fleet - A game written with Cake.js
- Gitbug - In-repo bug tracker for Git
- Prelude.ml - OCaml stdlib replacement with a Haskellish flavour
- Metadata - File metadata extraction tool and Ruby library
- Thumbnailer - File thumbnailing tool and Ruby library
- Random canvas demos