Day 39: white theme, drawing ramble
Doing a readable white-bg version of the theme, played around a bit with rgba visuals to make the window transparent (simple enough but makes for a bit unreadable file view. A shader blur would help but eh, how do I do that?) Also made it draw a good deal less (previously the "do I need to draw this tiny thing"-check was doing using quarter sample checking (~16x AA), now doing half sample checking (~4x AA), effectively halving the maximum amount of rectangles drawn. It's still noisy and moire-y and I'd have to write some simple test cases to find the right offset, if there are any. Or do some manual overdraw to blur them together, which still wouldn't help popping flicker. Maybe do the size vis check in a deterministic fashion, independent of pan, and have it only add visible things when zooming in. Yeah.)
Tests. Right. I'll get right on them. Starting with everything tagged DESTRUCTIVE. One test here, another there, small steps~
Taking tomorrow off to work on some neglected projects (gitbug needs less conflicty bug ids, prelude.ml should be whacked with a sanity mallet and split into several independent files.) And maybe write some pretty OpenGL hack?
- ► 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (94)
- ► 2009 (84)
- Lock-free PreDraw, less caching
- Some OpenGL renderer analysis
- Filezoo current status ramble
- Bloodwyne made from elven tears
- High-resolution thumbnails
- Thumb zooming, interaction fixes, user manual
- Filezoo logo sketch
- The old file browser hack
- Day 40-41: more tests, return of the dark theme
- Day 39, part 2: two tests, two fixed methods, vide...
- Day 39: white theme, drawing ramble
- Day 38, part 3: NUnit test tests, some small group...
- Filezoo, day 38, part 2: group titles
- Filezoo, day 38, part 1: bug tracker, plan for usi...
- Navigation timings with smooth zoom
- Filezoo plans hodgepodge
- Filezoo day 35-37: better context menus, Fitts's l...
- One month recap in images
- Filezoo day 34, part 2: keyboard shortcuts, draggi...
- Oh. List has functional iterators.
- Filezoo day 34, part 1: extended context menu, cut...
- Filezoo day 33, part 2: more plugged leaks, select...
- Filezoo day 33, part 1: memleak fixes
- Filezoo day 32: drag and drop handling
- Simple clock in F# and Cairo
- The reason i dig functional languages over C#/Java...
- Filezoo day ...I don't know, let's say 31.
- Drawing trees with Haskell and Cairo
- Filezoo, day 30-ish: painted myself in a corner
- Distorted hex
- Some inspiration pics for patterned dirs
- How hex.hs works
- Hexagons with Haskell
- A rotating cylinder of wireframe hexagons?
- Patterned and gradiented dirs
- Day 23: du traversal, semi-functional decoration a...
- Parsing du output with C#
- Plan for day 23
- Week 3 roundup
- Flare On
- Filezoo, day 21
- Oh Delete, You So Mighty
- Filezoo, day 20 progress: panel
- Filezoo, plan for day 20
- Filezoo, start of day 19: wider thumbnails, beginn...
- ▼ December (45)
- Filezoo - Minimalistic zoomable file manager
- Missile Fleet - A game written with Cake.js
- Gitbug - In-repo bug tracker for Git
- Prelude.ml - OCaml stdlib replacement with a Haskellish flavour
- Metadata - File metadata extraction tool and Ruby library
- Thumbnailer - File thumbnailing tool and Ruby library
- Random canvas demos