art with code
Filezoo day 33, part 2: more plugged leaks, selection and selection context menu
Plugged the ImageSurface leak (if it was such) and made do with less caching. Now the memory usage stays below 100 megs with the normal measurers and rises to 200+ megs with big recursive traversals. What worries me is that A) 200+ megs is still a huge fucking lot of memory for a glorified ls, even nautilus uses just 45 megs, and, B) the memory use doesn't fluctuate, it just rises.
And that plugfest blew a hole in my start-of-day plans. As you can see in the screenshot above, I got the selections working (ctrl-select, shift-select, alt-click to deselect) and made a little preliminary context menu.
Drag and drop dragging, the logic from the app pov should be easy, I could even draw a pixbuf of the selection to show when dragging. Cut-copy-paste, mmm, I'll try and reuse the dragging handlers. What remains is finding out how to use the clipboard.
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (94)
- ► 2009 (84)
- Lock-free PreDraw, less caching
- Some OpenGL renderer analysis
- Filezoo current status ramble
- Bloodwyne made from elven tears
- High-resolution thumbnails
- Thumb zooming, interaction fixes, user manual
- Filezoo logo sketch
- The old file browser hack
- Day 40-41: more tests, return of the dark theme
- Day 39, part 2: two tests, two fixed methods, vide...
- Day 39: white theme, drawing ramble
- Day 38, part 3: NUnit test tests, some small group...
- Filezoo, day 38, part 2: group titles
- Filezoo, day 38, part 1: bug tracker, plan for usi...
- Navigation timings with smooth zoom
- Filezoo plans hodgepodge
- Filezoo day 35-37: better context menus, Fitts's l...
- One month recap in images
- Filezoo day 34, part 2: keyboard shortcuts, draggi...
- Oh. List has functional iterators.
- Filezoo day 34, part 1: extended context menu, cut...
- Filezoo day 33, part 2: more plugged leaks, select...
- Filezoo day 33, part 1: memleak fixes
- Filezoo day 32: drag and drop handling
- Simple clock in F# and Cairo
- The reason i dig functional languages over C#/Java...
- Filezoo day ...I don't know, let's say 31.
- Drawing trees with Haskell and Cairo
- Filezoo, day 30-ish: painted myself in a corner
- Distorted hex
- Some inspiration pics for patterned dirs
- How hex.hs works
- Hexagons with Haskell
- A rotating cylinder of wireframe hexagons?
- Patterned and gradiented dirs
- Day 23: du traversal, semi-functional decoration a...
- Parsing du output with C#
- Plan for day 23
- Week 3 roundup
- Flare On
- Filezoo, day 21
- Oh Delete, You So Mighty
- Filezoo, day 20 progress: panel
- Filezoo, plan for day 20
- Filezoo, start of day 19: wider thumbnails, beginn...
- ▼ December (45)
- Built art installations, web sites, graphics libraries, web browsers, mobile apps, desktop apps, media player themes, many nutty prototypes, much bad code, much bad art.Have freelanced for Verizon, Google, Mozilla, Warner Bros, Sony Pictures, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Valve Software, TDK Electronics.Ex-Chrome Developer Relations.
- Filezoo - Minimalistic zoomable file manager
- Missile Fleet - A game written with Cake.js
- Gitbug - In-repo bug tracker for Git
- Prelude.ml - OCaml stdlib replacement with a Haskellish flavour
- Metadata - File metadata extraction tool and Ruby library
- Thumbnailer - File thumbnailing tool and Ruby library
- Random canvas demos