art with code
Filezoo, day 38, part 2: group titles
First implementation on sort group titles, draws little group title to the right side of the screen. It doesn't have scaling or hiding by group size, so there's lots of overlap. And I don't know if I'm going to put the titles visible in subdirs as well. It'd be nice but how to make it look nice and work nice and... oh, now I know [see below.]
Results for the navigation benchmark (homedir to /usr/lib/OpenGL/ghc): can now achieve sub-7 second times consistently with the scroll wheel zoom, and click navigation times are in sub-6 second range. Would be nice to have some sort of UI benchmarking suite that gives me random navigation tasks and toggles features [and optimizes the UI to my physical ability and searches for an optimal UI and does my homework.]
Edit: new and improved group titles.
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (94)
- ► 2009 (84)
- Lock-free PreDraw, less caching
- Some OpenGL renderer analysis
- Filezoo current status ramble
- Bloodwyne made from elven tears
- High-resolution thumbnails
- Thumb zooming, interaction fixes, user manual
- Filezoo logo sketch
- The old file browser hack
- Day 40-41: more tests, return of the dark theme
- Day 39, part 2: two tests, two fixed methods, vide...
- Day 39: white theme, drawing ramble
- Day 38, part 3: NUnit test tests, some small group...
- Filezoo, day 38, part 2: group titles
- Filezoo, day 38, part 1: bug tracker, plan for usi...
- Navigation timings with smooth zoom
- Filezoo plans hodgepodge
- Filezoo day 35-37: better context menus, Fitts's l...
- One month recap in images
- Filezoo day 34, part 2: keyboard shortcuts, draggi...
- Oh. List has functional iterators.
- Filezoo day 34, part 1: extended context menu, cut...
- Filezoo day 33, part 2: more plugged leaks, select...
- Filezoo day 33, part 1: memleak fixes
- Filezoo day 32: drag and drop handling
- Simple clock in F# and Cairo
- The reason i dig functional languages over C#/Java...
- Filezoo day ...I don't know, let's say 31.
- Drawing trees with Haskell and Cairo
- Filezoo, day 30-ish: painted myself in a corner
- Distorted hex
- Some inspiration pics for patterned dirs
- How hex.hs works
- Hexagons with Haskell
- A rotating cylinder of wireframe hexagons?
- Patterned and gradiented dirs
- Day 23: du traversal, semi-functional decoration a...
- Parsing du output with C#
- Plan for day 23
- Week 3 roundup
- Flare On
- Filezoo, day 21
- Oh Delete, You So Mighty
- Filezoo, day 20 progress: panel
- Filezoo, plan for day 20
- Filezoo, start of day 19: wider thumbnails, beginn...
- ▼ December (45)
- Built art installations, web sites, graphics libraries, web browsers, mobile apps, desktop apps, media player themes, many nutty prototypes, much bad code, much bad art.Have freelanced for Verizon, Google, Mozilla, Warner Bros, Sony Pictures, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Valve Software, TDK Electronics.Ex-Chrome Developer Relations.
- Filezoo - Minimalistic zoomable file manager
- Missile Fleet - A game written with Cake.js
- Gitbug - In-repo bug tracker for Git
- Prelude.ml - OCaml stdlib replacement with a Haskellish flavour
- Metadata - File metadata extraction tool and Ruby library
- Thumbnailer - File thumbnailing tool and Ruby library
- Random canvas demos