art with code
Filezoo, day 12: zoom navigation
Put zoom navigation in, worked on making it a smooth experience, yet there is still relayout flicker at parts. Also added some more unicode icons and made clicking on current dir title reset the current dir view.
Wrote some todo plan, the main points being: Fetch rendered info asynchronously, with default placeholder info (e.g. "Loading...".) Make a worker queue for the async jobs. Make it possible to cancel async jobs. Cancel jobs when the requesting object is not visible. Cache the layouts in DirCache and invalidate with LastModified checks.
I'm still not happy with the navigation experience; it should have no flicker whatsoever, the animation should be smooth, and the zoom and pan should snap at sensible places. The context-sensitive click-to-zoom-out thing is also missing. As are pretty colored lines, etc.
Maybe tomorrow is a good day to do codebase maintenance.
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (94)
- ► 2009 (84)
- Filezoo, day 18
- Filezoo, 17.3: image thumbnails
- Filezoo, 17.2: context menu, a bit nicer monitorin...
- Filezoo, 17.1: rewrite done-ish
- Filezoo, 16.1: rewrite, dev env screenie
- Filezoo, 15.2: DirStats static rewrite
- Filezoo, day 15: refactoring plan
- Yeah, it's going to be difficult
- Filezoo, day 14
- X application startup times
- More fishes
- Filezoo startup profile
- Filezoo, start of day 13: some timings, thumbnail ...
- Filezoo, day 12: zoom navigation
- Filezoo, day 11: silly icons, less traversal, pare...
- Filezoo, end of day 10 / start of day 11
- Filezoo, day 10 and 2/3: Manual rectangle clipping...
- Filezoo, end of day 9: requirements document, inte...
- Filezoo, start of day 9: more traversal banging, f...
- Filezoo, day 8: Merge of the recursive branch
- Filezoo, day 6
- Filezoo, end of day 5: Context-sensitive zoom, rec...
- Filezoo, start of day 5
- Filezoo, end of day 4: Speed!
- Filezoo: start of day 4
- A small shell script for Googling
- Filezoo, end of day 3: open terminal, threads
- Filezoo, start of day 3: zooming and panning
- Filezoo: end of day 2
- Filezoo: visual du with aspirations towards file m...
- Visual disk usage app using Mono
- A simple C# analog clock with Mono and Cairo
- Black on white desktop theme
- ▼ November (34)
- Built art installations, web sites, graphics libraries, web browsers, mobile apps, desktop apps, media player themes, many nutty prototypes, much bad code, much bad art.Have freelanced for Verizon, Google, Mozilla, Warner Bros, Sony Pictures, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Valve Software, TDK Electronics.Ex-Chrome Developer Relations.
- Filezoo - Minimalistic zoomable file manager
- Missile Fleet - A game written with Cake.js
- Gitbug - In-repo bug tracker for Git
- Prelude.ml - OCaml stdlib replacement with a Haskellish flavour
- Metadata - File metadata extraction tool and Ruby library
- Thumbnailer - File thumbnailing tool and Ruby library
- Random canvas demos